Friday, June 8, 2018

Review of THE MAGNOLIA STORY BY CHIP AND JOANNA GAINES


I pigged out on books during our visit to Shands Hospital to get a new shunt for my husband's Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus. A visit to Walmart and the book section led me to purchase The Magnolia Story by Chip and Joanna Gaines. Of course, after years of watching  Fixer Upper I felt like Chip and Joanna were my New Best Friends. But, even though I was definitely one of their biggest fans and watched whenever I could, enjoying the fun they had together, the whole creative process, and the feeling left whenever the show was over, I really had no clue who the real Chip and Joanna were.

What was that "it" that had come together so successfully? How did this phenomenon occur?

They both credit God. The world (Joy Behar) mocks a conversation with our Creator. Yet, Joanna credits that "still small voice" for her choices and that includes choosing Chip.

This book, more than the commercial aspects of flipping houses and starting an empire, reveals the character of these two individuals who find their strength in each other and in God who guides them.
I left this book with tears in my eyes, inspired to be a better person. Their goal is not great wealth. Bringing others up through everything they do is foremost in their business and personal lives.

Can a person live life with Christian principles and be successful?

It works for Chip and Joanna.

After sharing this fascinating personal journey of two people more in love now than ever, Joanna writes:

"We both hope with all of our hearts, that the people who read this book and watch our show and come to see what we're working on in Waco will have the a chance to go after their dreams too. Because the key to everything Chip and I have learned in our life together so far seems to be pretty simple. Go and find what it is that inspires you, go and find what it is that you love, and go do that until it hurts.

Don't quit, and don't give up. The reward is just around the corner. and in times of doubt or times of joy, listen for that still, small voice. Know that God has been there from the beginning--and he will be there until...

The End. 

Thank you, Chip and Joanna, for sharing your faith and your talents. And for giving me a reminder of Who is in control during a difficult time.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!