Monday, August 23, 2021

Gardening Southern-Style 3 August 23

Gardening Southern-Style 3 August 23

The continuing saga of Gardening Southern-style with Sharman. The last thing Joe bought over the internet was a power sprayer attachment to the hose. I have intended to use it on the playhouse for several years. I bought 4 tall slender plants to mask the side of the playhouse and decided it was now or never. It actually works once Cecily Ramsey and I figured out how to operate it. The really intriguing thing was the claim that it would get weeds from between bricks. Guess what? Not my weeds. So, I got my kneeling bench and sat upon it to pull the weeds I had slightly loosened. After 15 minutes fighting with one I decided the only thing to do was to poison those dirty word, dirty word weeds. Now that I have found my yard equipment, including weed killer I am moving forward.
The elephant ear closest to the gate is the one that got divided--about 8 I think. The gift that keeps on giving.

Butterfly garden check



divided and planted elephant ear bulbs check




began my new career in container gardening with 2 topiaries



Poisoned the bloody weeds! on the brick patio in intense heat, might I add.
Picture one is the newly divided elephant ears along the fence. Picture two is the boxwood container garden. It needs something more, I know, but it will have to wait. Something white I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!