Saturday, July 21, 2018

WHY DOESN'T THIS DISQUALIFY TRUMP?


One of my dear former students posted this. Because I have asked myself why these things did not disqualify Trump in my eyes, I decided to answer each one.  

Trump’s sins far out exceed yours. You have never paid off strippers, screwed 1000s out of payments on business deals that put millions in your pocket, you have never encouraged sexual assault, you have never proudly supported Infowars (whom encourages it’s follows to harass the Sandy Hook parents whom lost children), you have never, you don’t make claims that White supremacists have some “good people” in their clans, you don’t encourage violence against those who disagree with you....the list goes on and on. You are significantly more of a better than the man who literally said that women “flirt with me, consciously or subconsciously”. He thinks men are better than women. So put your head up high Miss Sharman! Your a saint compared to The President.

Thank you, Kelli, I appreciate your support and defense. You and I are a mutual admiration society, you know!

But, let me analyze these reasons for not supporting Trump, and believe me, I have considered them as well. I appreciate your post because it makes me think. Why DO I not think these things are relevant when considered in the greater scheme of things. I will take them one at a time. 

1.    You have never paid off strippers. For a true feminist, those would be “working girls” trading on the one gift they have for making a living. I am not a true feminist and so I pity them, but they seem proud of their “work.” The stripper was offering a service that Trump bought. Was he proud of it? Apparently not since he paid her to keep quiet about it. The one who would be most hurt would be his wife. Do I admire him for this? No. But it does not disqualify him as President. (Look back at Kennedy and Clinton…and others we may not know about.)

2.    screwed 1000s out of payments on business deals that put millions in your pocket. As many businesses as Trump has he has got to have many disgruntled folks he has dealt with. That is why we have courts. I would have to study that assertion to confirm that he has screwed 1000s out of payments on business deals. I would think that would hinder his participation with others in deals if that were true. You and I both know that many frivolous cases are lodged against big companies and individuals simply because they are considered to have "deep pockets."

3.    Encouraged sexual assault? He boasted to another guy in a private conversation, embellishing a bit, I'm sure, about his behavior with some women--obviously not all. Big talk to impress a younger guy? Disgusting, I agree. But isn't there a “type” of woman that apparently comes on to Celebrities like Groupies to Rock Stars. Would Feminists say those women have the right to let a man know about their attraction? Do they think a man has the right to respond to an invitation? A sad commentary on an element of female society. Do I respect that? No. This is a sticky wicket these days with male/female behavior. 


When Stephen Tyler was asked “What do you do when you have thousands of women throwing themselves at you?"
Tyler: “You cheat. And I have paid dearly for it.” 

I think then celebrity Trump would agree. 

He would probably fight someone who came on to Ivanka like he describes, but then Ivanka would not send out those vibes, either. This is a quote I shared with my granddaughter, "There is no such thing as neutral clothing. Everything you put on communicates something, and your image is either working for you or against you."

Plus this was revealed by Billy Bush, George H.W. Bush's nephew, Jeb Bush's first cousin. I think there may be politics and family enmity at work here, as well. Not that that justifies then "The Apprentice" star's words. But it does change the context.

4.    you have never proudly supported Infowars (whom encourages it’s follows to harass the Sandy Hook parents who lost children) That is the first time I have seen that accusation. Apparently, Trump was interviewed by Alex Jones on InforWars much as he was by any and every TV and radio show that would have him.  He used the media to reach out to Americans. Much to Jones' anger, Trump has not had any contact lately. He is probably as disgusted as you and I are with any assault on the families of the Sandy Hook tragedy.

5.    you don’t make claims that White supremacists have some “good people” in their clans  You know I am a genealogist and a historian. I have joined many genealogical organizations back to the Magna Charta and the Mayflower Society and that included the United Daughters of the Confederacy (only 3 generations back. We are Southerners, you know). Yet my newest book, On to Angola, is on  Black history and the tragedy of slavery.

The monument of Robert E. Lee that the Klan gathered around in Charlottesville was probably built by widows and descendants of those who served and died in the Civil War. Among those gathered probably included little old ladies of the United Daughters of the Confederacy who merely honored their ancestors and their sacrifice to their state by expressing their concern about taking down the statue. They realize and acknowledge that it was not just state’s rights that motivated the war but the issue of slavery that they also now abhor. Those ladies who hated to see the monument destroyed would also have approved of the fact that the war ended slavery in our wonderful country though it remains a cancer that still exists today in other countries.

I imagine Trump, in his visits to Virginia to his vineyard, has met some of those ladies and it was to them he said, 
"Not all of those people were neo-Nazis, believe me. Not all of those people were white supremacists, by any stretch. Those people were also there because they wanted to protest the taking down of a statue, Robert E. Lee."

Thank you, Mr. President.

Why do people still revere Robert E. Lee? Partly because of the honorable way he guided the South at the END of the war. To go home in Peace and to mend the nation he had served so honorably after he graduated from West Point and went into the United States Army. His own home became the National Burial Ground, ARLINGTON. He became the president Washington and Lee University. 

When the President said there was that there was fault on both sides and that there were good people there on both sides. He acknowledged a complicated issue. Unfortunately, there were people there wanting to fight, so the real issues got lost in the heat.

He said, 
"There were people in that rally. I looked the night before. If you look, they were people protesting very quietly the taking down the statue of Robert E. Lee. I am sure in that group there were some bad ones. The following day, it looked like they had some rough, bad people, neo-Nazis, white nationalists, whatever you want to call them. But you had a lot of people in that group that were there to innocently protest and very legally protest.” Simply protesting the taking down of a statue. 
Having the president simply acknowledge the fact that not everyone on the save the monument side were neo-Nazis and White nationalists, but people who don’t think making America generic and/or appreciating and learning from our history is worth standing up for, doesn’t make him an evil man. Indeed, we bemoan all the historic monuments ISIS has defaced that are now lost from history. 
I heard a Black History professor profess the same belief about preserving the monuments. His idea, and I agree, was to make each monument into a teachable moment with signs elaborating on the History and the individual in light of current understanding. I am sure you have heard the saying, "Those who cannot remember the past are doomed to repeat it." (George Santayana)

See how the Media can twist and turn kind and innocuous comments into something ugly? I recognize it because it was done to me on a much smaller scale. 
6.    you don’t encourage violence against those who disagree with you...Forgive me if my sympathy is with the President who has truly been disgusted with protesters within his Rallies. I know I have been exasperated by those who tried to ruin the event for others who attended. They intentionally try to stir up violence, one of Saul Alinsky’s Rules for Radicals methods. Trump rents the facility and has the right to protect his “guests” from those who wanted to stir up trouble. Of course, his supporters share his frustration while his enemies, Antifa, for example, don black clothing and set fire to flags and buildings as happened in front of Maxine Waters office lately at her instigation, hit people over the head for wearing a MAGA cap as happened to a guy outside of Walmart, threaten people, destroy property, and follow Maxine Waters command: 
“If you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd and you push back on them and you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere,” Waters said Saturday, later telling MSNBC that protesters are “going to absolutely harass them.”

What is the next step? What happened to Steve Scalise on the ball field in Washington? Next time they could actually kill someone. 
Saul Alinsky’s Rules for Radicals:
11. “If you push a negative hard enough, it will push through and become a positive.” Violence from the other side can win the public to your side because the public sympathizes with the underdog.
Exactly what these Leftist Radicals are trying to do. 
13. “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions.

And what about these threats by Mueller’s former deputy? What are they afraid the Trump Administration will uncover and reveal?


...http://thehill.com/homenews/media/346171-former-mueller-deputy-on-trump-government-is-going-to-kill-this-guy
Aug 11, 2017 - "Let me give you one bottom line as a former government official. Government is going to kill this guy," Mudd, a staunch critic of Trump, said on ...

ir.net › Politics  Aug 11, 2017 - There is no denying the fact that many former and current intelligence experts have their qualms with President Trump. After all, the President ...

Former Mueller deputy Phil Mudd Tells CNN Government Is Going To ...https://www.paulcraigroberts.org/.../former-mueller-deputy-phil-mudd-tells-cnn-gove...
Former Mueller deputy Phil Mudd Tells CNN Government Is Going To Kill Trump. February 2, 2018 | 

This same man, a former Deputy of Robert Mueller, and a counterintelligence analyst for CNN who should be in the know asks...

Washington Examiner · 1 day ago

7.    He thinks men are better than women.” I must say I have never heard him say that.  Personally, I don’t like identity politics. I think people should be chosen on their ability, not their gender, race, hair color, fat or thin, or anything else. I want our President to accomplish what I elected him for. And that will take the best person. And one with lots of courage to stand against the blatant calls to violence from the Left.

As I have said, I am not a feminist. I am disgusted by the amorality of our country and disappointed by women ceding the high ground on morals to wallow in the gutter with the men. According to Feminists, what is good for the goose is good for the gander, I guess.

But I believe, “the hand that rocks the cradle rules the world.” That is THE MOST IMPORTANT JOB IN THE WORLD. Yet, women have been forced by the state of the economy into the workplace and feminism has placed their values-free, no restrictions, pro-abortion agenda on women who MUST kowtow to their agenda. But let me tell you, I am a woman and I do NOT respect ALL women. I look inside to the character of a person. The “if it feels good, do it” “I’m okay, you’re okay” attitude of Feminism sends chills down my spine. It is a totally self-absorbed, entitled attitude that is hurting our families and our country.

Are we surprised men are confused as to how to treat women? I cannot condemn Trump for responding to cues sent by a significant segment of women that they want him to pick up on. If he were my husband, he would not be for long. But as my President, these past lapses do not mean he cannot represent my interest in bringing to fruition his FAIRNESS DOCTRINE.


Hopefully, with Pence and his friends in Christ, and our prayers, he will come to be the moral man God apparently thought he had the potential to be. Because only God could have overcome the power of the Establishment in this country to get the man elected.

Thank you for helping me figure out why things that seem such an impediment for so many with their support for Trump don’t seem to shake my faith in him. 


I am so very grateful for your loving support, dear one. I am proud of your strength in overcoming the physical problems and the wonderful wife and mother you are now. Thank you for letting me be a part of your life!

Love,

Miss Sharman (for my Northern friends, this is how younger Southern women address older Southern women who are too close to address formally and not quite close enough -- in age -- to presume to call by a first name)

For more answers to another friend:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!