Tuesday, May 29, 2018

REVIEW OF THE IMMORTAL BY Angela Ewell Hunt



My own review of THE IMMORTAL BY Angela Ewell Hunt

Maybe God thought this was a book I needed to read. I returned the books I had just read and browsed those to be reshelved. This book found its way into my already full arms. Days later, after a Sunday School lesson taking us through the Bible to read all the prophecies pointing to Jesus, I picked it up to read. And could not put it down.
We live in a time that "tries men's souls." Do we still believe in a soul? Do we still believe that God's Word is God's Word or are we too busy trying to conform God's Word to the secular world being peddled by a vacuous, apostate, achingly empty secular society. Churches are lukewarm, afraid of being labeled a "hate group" by the Southern Poverty Law Center and those of the politically correct religion of today. I imagine God saying ..."and I will spew them out of my mouth." Revelation 3:16
p. 290
"God is not fair." His voice took on a bitter edge. "He is just. There is a difference."
"I don't see a difference."
"You won't ...as long as you look with earthly eyes."
The Immortal by Angela Elwell Hunt makes you think. It touches your soul and inspires you. The story draws you in quickly and involves you as did the Da Vinci Code. 
I hate to give this book back to the Library. I think I will remember it as well as I do This Present Darkness and Piercing the Darkness by Frank Peretti and Windswept House by Malachi Martin. Sometimes Christian fiction can "pierce the darkness" to rekindle the joy when the Truth became MY TRUTH and saving grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!