Thursday, July 5, 2012

Overeager, I guess

 The manuscript has been returned to Mercer. The ball is once again in their court. I am told that the next time I see the book it will actually have a cover! The book will then be sent to reviewers for blurbs that will be added to the cover. There is still a lot to do before getting the novel onto the shelves.

The pivotal event of this novel is the Massacre at Fort Mims, the 200th anniversary of which takes place August 30, 2013. I would think there would be a lot of interest in a novel set in that environment that includes much of the genealogy, and human drama of that time. Most venues have already booked their speakers. I am excited about sharing this fascinating history and do hope I have the opportunity to do so.

I learned to love history through historical fiction. Sharing the perspective of those who actually lived the events made the times come alive for me so much better than the just-the-facts, dry bones, non-fiction did. As the Massacre at Fort Mims is indeed a part of the War of 1812, I would hope there would be interest in libraries, museums, etc., book clubs, etc. I just wish I knew how to work closer to the marketing department on arranging all of this without stepping on anyone's toes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!