Tuesday, May 3, 2022

 

FASCINATING FAMILY FACTS


Fascinating Family Facts include History and Genealogy of Dr. Elkanah George BURSON of Wilcox county, Alabama, and Jean BRONSON GILLIS Burson of Escambia County, Alabama. These include POWHATAN, WEROWOCOMOCO, OPECHANCANOUGH, POCAHONTAS, RACHEL MATACHANNU POWHATAN, COCKACOESKE "QUEEN ANN" POWHATAN WEST, DABNEY, SUSANNAH DABNEY, , SQUIRREL KING OF THE CHICKASAW, HAWKINS, CHARLEMAGNE, PALMER, MARTIN PALMER, CHILIAN PALMER, COLONEL JOHN TALIAFERRO, MAYFLOWER CONNECTION TILLEY AND HOWLAND, HAWES, JERNIGAN, COTTON, BACON'S REBELLION, QUAKERS, BURSON, KNIGHT, EPPES, JORDAN, MAGNA CHARTA, SCOTTISH, ROBERT THE BRUCE, GILLIS, WARDLAW. ALSO INCLUDED: SOUTHERN MANNERS AND ETIQUETTE.


This is a compilation of some of the more interesting details in our genealogy that I stumbled upon. Do not take this as original research and scholarship. My husband, an attorney, had to travel around the South taking depositions or trying cases. Wherever he went, I went to the local library and went first to the indexes of their books and if I stumbled upon one of our family names, I went immediately to the copy machine. Later I started a website to share what I found. Since I did not myself go into the bowels of the courthouse to pull original documents, I do not assert that all if accurate. Use it as a marker to help direct your own research. I have files and files of notes and records and many online genealogy friends. This has been a labor of love dedicated to my mother who challenged me to use the degrees she paid for in a direction she wanted me to go. 


This book will be available on Amazon for $3.


Sharman Ramsey

Dothan, Alabama

May 3, 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!