Sunday, November 3, 2013

Great review for In Pursuit and Netflix recommended shows

Thank you, Megan Wessell, for the fantastic review of IN PURSUIT on your blog! http://abookishaffair.blogspot.com/2013/10/review-in-pursuit-by-sharman-burson.html 

I've been watching Netflix lately and want to recommend the Emily Owens, MD series with Mamie Gummer, Meryl Streep's daughter. She is fantastically talented and reminds on immediately of her wonderful mother. Two cooking movies captured my attention. Haute Cuisine relays the story of Francois Mitterand's personal chef. One learns a LOT about the French obsession with food. But, apparently the French are not alone in their culinary interest.

According to the Korean movie, there are two great joys in the world: Water going downhill and food going into your child's mouth. As a mother I can relate to that.

Le Grand Chef - Kimchi War Every mother should watch this. I found it on Netflix and was profoundly moved. We have so much more in common than we have that makes us different. Take the time to watch this movie. It is worth it.


http://www.dramastyle.com/movie/Le-Grand-Chef-Kimchi-War-Korean-Movie/#.UnQ6aRCIbJg


The two books now with my agent, Holly McClure, are about two sisters long estranged who get back together after the deaths of their husbands. During a tipsy night at Antoine's in New Orleans, they finagle their way onto the Dishing It Network using their family plantation house as their gimmick. I've already written a cookbook, so I guess my interest in food shows is understandable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!