Friday, August 10, 2012

Red Letter Day

Today was a red letter day in my life. The Cultural Arts Center will be hosting the Book Launch for Swimming with Serpents. I had the most wonderful visit with Ann Cotton, the Director for this exceptional organization in our community. Jennifer Ayers, event planner extraordinaire, will be preparing hors d'oeuvres and wine will be available as well as a good old Baptist punch. 

There is an intimate room that will seat 100 with a stage, a super sound system and lighting.  Think black and white checkered floor, floor to ceiling windows, and chandeliers. Very chic. 

Be passionate about what you do, I have heard. And I am truly passionate about the story of these people and this time in our past. They are a forgotten people and it is a time most would rather slide over. But "those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!