Monday, July 9, 2012

Ornery website

I bit the bullet today and committed to hiring a publicist. Marjory and Peter Wentworth now represent me. Remember now, I am woman; hear me roar.

Today I kept my sweet granddaughters, Lily (10) and Megan (22 months). I went to the bank, went to the jewelers, went to Office Max to get the galleys copied, browsed T. J. Max until time for lunch with hubby and daughter no. 2, picked up jewelry, picked up galleys being copied at Office Max, picked up friend for granddaughter no. 1, put granddaughter no. 2 down for a nap while GD 1 and friend went swimming, baked chocolate chip cookies, redesigned my author pages (http://sharmanbursonramsey.com), and now I am writing the blog. Remember we ALL had to go in to do everything listed above - in the car--out of the car--into the baby seat--out of the baby seat.

And now my ornery website has confounded me. Why will it not upload onto the website like my Dreamweaver page? I loved Front Page when I first taught myself to make web pages. I used it until the servers no longer wanted to support it. I decided that since Dreamweaver was the industry standard, I might as well learn to use it. I'm still learning. The website is so doggone large, it takes forever to correct the problems. But with 7,000 to 8,000 visitors per month, there must be something going on there.

I find it interesting that the most visited pages are Southern Wedding and -- Southern Manners and Etiquette.

My new publicist tells me I need a Twitter account. Twitter? There's barely time to blog or Facebook or brush my teeth. Whoever said that things slowed down as one got older?  There's more people who need you, more things you want to do!

I'm not complaining, mind you. I think it is a real blessing to have people who actually want to be with you! To have interests that you are passionate about and actually finally see come into fruition. I'm just saying --- Life is full and wonderful and glorious and exciting. I am blessed -- and a bit tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!